Media Project



     The media project was such a fun, interactive way to learn about adapting, creating, and being innovative through an OT lens! One thing that I learned from this assignment is that as a (future) occupational therapist, you sometimes have to be creative and think outside the box for your clients. For example, my client had challenges with certain ADLs, shopping, and opening food packages. While I could not think of a way to directly use straws to adapt these activities, I took a different perspective by looking at the performance skills required to complete these activities which made me think of fine motor skills, range of motion, and strength. I knew my client enjoyed decorating, so I was able to creatively use straws to improve the skills required to complete the activities she was struggling with while also being client-centered and occupation-based. After completing this project, I realized that OTs can be very resourceful by using everyday objects as adaptive equipment or as part of an activity in an intervention. Before, I just assumed many individuals end up ordering much more expensive equipment or therapeutic items. However, I realized you can usually very easily make something that does the same thing and costs much less than it would cost to order it from a company. This is something important to know as our clients may not have the financial resources to afford expensive equipment or other objects. This assignment will be helpful to me in future school work as well as clinically. First, this assignment helped me realize all the resources you can utilize. It is okay to get inspiration from great ideas found on the internet! Additionally, this assignment has emphasized the importance of incorporating an individual's occupations always into interventions! This may require some extra work or brainstorming on our part, but it vital to be a great occupational therapist!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Balance Model

Era Presentations